Well, as the temperature rises above 90 here in the midwest, I guess it's safe to say summer is finally here. The question is,,,,,,is your wardrobe ready?!?!?! Our mission is to make your life easier, so if there are some definite voids off the list below, come see us (and fast!). We don't want you looking all "LY" at your friends BBQ or any one of the many music fest in the midwest! Here we go - - - - -
1. Boyfriend jean - preferably light denim and with destruction. Everyone has their own level of "holy tolerance", but stick your toe in the water please.
2. Wedges - what's great about wedges this year, and what seems to be the ongoing trend for spring 2016, is that there is barely any pitch to the elevation! So the balls of your feet don't hurt; just uber long legs to pair with the next staple, FLARES.
3. Flares - I didn't say bootcuts, I said flares! Higher waist, and wonderful, proportionately wide, flare bottoms. Ideal for summer in a light color and with two front patch pockets. And please don't show us anything more than those perfectly pedicured toes (your color choice), underneath those flares. For more guidelines on this, read our last blog.
4. Sneakers - cool sneakers are the way of the future. I'm not talking about those Nikes that you wear with your workout gear.,,,,,I mean the kind that completes a cool denim look or possibly joggers.
5. Birkenstocks - there is not a more universal trend that is happening right now! Young and old, the 150 year old company couldn't be more popular. Simply a must have for summer......and for fall, actually. Choose the more streamlined Gizeh or chunkier, Arizona. The key is to not look like circa 1980 when wearing them (yes, another one of our blogs).
6. Summer dress - cool and flowing, capped sleeve or sleeveless, solid or print.....not a lot of rules here, just have one! Dresses have become a summer staple because they are cool, easy to pack, and there's nothing to match. It's just you and your dress!
Of course, there's other things you should have, but these are some core items. Sunglasses, something turquoise, hoops, adhesive tattoos (maybe), sunscreen, and the list goes on...... Stop in, we'll get you ready for your next summer weekend or vacation!